Advertising Works 23, published this week, shows how marketing communications have helped organisations as diverse as Guinness, The Economist and Save the Children translate big ideas into impressive business results.
This book contains full versions of the 11 Gold Award winning case studies and summaries of the 28 case studies that won Silver and Bronze Awards from the 2016 IPA Effectiveness Awards – the world’s most prestigious and rigorously judged effectiveness competition.
Winning campaigns have all proven a return on marketing investment (ROMI) and each case study also details the unique strategies used to accomplish its objectives. There are single and multimarket cases that circumnavigate the world’s markets, including Denmark, Germany, The Philippines, USA, Romania, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
The book also features insights from experts across the advertising industry, based on themes which complement the invaluable information on brands in the case studies. These include:
- IPA President Tom Knox on the commercial value of purpose in advertising
- BBDO EMEA’s Alex Lewis on how brands have harnessed the power of people to spread their message;
- 101’s Laurence Green on how to make successful campaigns with small budgets
- Channel 4’s Jonathan Allan on marginal gains theory in marketing
- VCCP Media’s Marie Oldham on how some brands are ignoring Bryon Sharp and pursuing more tailored targeting
- RKCR/Y&R’s Alison Hoad on taking the longer term view
- J. Walter Thompson’s Neil Godber on the need to improve customer experience.
For anyone wanting to produce effective campaigns or drive their business to greater success this book provides an unrivalled source of advice and inspiration.
Other case studies can be found via www.warc.com or www.ipa.co.uk/effectiveness and can be searched via a number of different criteria - e.g. by business sector or business challenge. You can also watch more than 30 short brand documentaries, which include John Lewis Insurance, Sainsbury’s, Dove, Sensodyne and more, at www.ipa.co.uk/effectiveness. These bring the stories to life and have key client and agency interviews, as well as showing the creative work.
44 Belgrave Square
Tel: 020 7235 7020
47 Timber Bush
Tel: 0131 555 7588