This course is designed to turn your people into confident and talented presenters, by giving them the tools and training to bring about long-term improvements in their presentation skills and inspire individuals to realise (if they didn’t before) that the only thing stopping them from giving a great presentation, is themselves.
Pre-Work presentations – each delegate to come prepared to talk about their passion for 1 minute and present this at the start of the training whilst being filmed.
- Introduction, warm up, set objectives
- Current presenting style assessed - each delegate presents for 1 minute whilst being filmed. Feedback by tutor and delegates, with emphasis on playing to their natural style.
- Think before you write - Understand your objective, audience and how to build rapport
- The structure to writing a brilliant presentation - it’s all in the grid – with a practical exercise
- How to start a presentation and how to bring content/complex ideas to life:
- 1. FART (Flatter, Angst, Resolve and Tempt)
- 2. S.T.A.R. (Something they’ll always remember) Moments including a practical exercise on storytelling
- How to end a presentation:
1. The importance of eye contact
2. How to use your voice effectively
3. How movement and gestures can bring a presentation to life
4. Dealing with nerves
5. Dealing with questions
6. How to keep your audience awake
- Prep and deliver final presentations
- Review objectives, prepare postcards
Key learning outtakes
- To arm delegates with all the questions and information they need to know about before they put pen to paper.
- To provide a clear structure for writing a well thought through presentation.
- Understanding of the importance of how to start presentations with impact.
- Tools / options to make a point and make it memorable.
- Key delivery techniques and opportunities to practice them
Who is it for?
Anyone of any level who needs to build confidence in writing and delivering presentations. This course will help a broad range of people from those who dread presenting or who don't really know where to begin when writing a presentation to those who are competent, but just want to learn a few tricks of the trade and become outstanding. Delegates will learn about how to structure presentations, create themes and use storytelling, then how to present in an engaging way for their audience. Delegates should walk away able to write and deliver a presentation in an engaging, inspiring way, without causing 'death by powerpoint'.
Who runs it:
For more information on this course please email email@example.com