What will I be doing?
You will play an important role in the management and delivery of a range of events throughout the year, in the public and private sector. As part of a friendly and hard-working team, you will thrive in an exciting environment, where no two days are the same.
You’ll work as an integral part of the events team on pre, onsite and post event management, including:
• Supporting the Senior Event Manager and Event Director in all aspects of event delivery and new business acquisition
• Demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business
• Assisting in developing tender documents and participate in pitches
• Creating and managing budgets, providing updates to the Event Director when required
• Client communications – participate in and contribute to conference calls and meetings. Proactively manage the client relationship
• 3rd party management and negotiation – accommodation, venues, suppliers
• Overseeing management of marketing campaigns – including: social media campaigns, e-flyers, email and ‘phone enquiries
• Delegate and sponsorship recruitment – proactive emailing and telephone calls to recruit delegates and sponsors to events – if required. Otherwise oversee Senior Event Executive(s) and Event Executive(s) activity
• Developing project timeline with Senior Event Manager/Event Director and track activity to ensure milestones are met
• Meetings – attend and actively contribute at internal and external meetings
• Overseeing Registrations & RSVPs – ensuring best practice at all times
• On-site event delivery – UK and overseas. Sometimes working weekends and evening as required.
• Post event evaluation – analysing data and collating reports
What will I need?
The events world is unique – you need to be able to keep your head when things get busy. If you are someone who:
• Has previous experience of working in an event manager role
• Is very organised and not easily phased by challenges
• Remains calm under pressure, can manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
• Is an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people, including clients, suppliers and colleagues
• Has great writing and administrative skills, with competency in using Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
• Is flexible and wants to travel within the UK and abroad for a few days at a time
• Has leadership potential
• Will proactively contribute to brainstorm sessions and during meetings, and is comfortable leading discussions
• Is passionate about events
• Can respond to an event brief confidently
• Can conduct venue recces and provide a report on suitability for an event
Then we’d love to hear from you!
A little about us…
Bray Leino Events (www.brayleinoevents.co.uk) are specialists in delivering cross sector events and in the past two years have been responsible for over 200 events in the UK and across the world, engaging more than 30,000 delegates.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Event Manager to join our Event Management and Conferencing team, and play an integral part in assisting with and supporting every aspect of event delivery. This is an exciting new opportunity to develop your Events experience within an award-winning agency.
And in return…
• 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (+ Bank holidays)
• Company pension scheme
• Medical cash plan – including employee assist programme, contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
• Employee discount scheme – an online platform for all staff offering a variety of discounts with various shopping outlets
• Health and wellbeing programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Refer a friend scheme
• Regular staff social events
• Early Friday finishes in the summer
• Company Christmas closure
• Cycle to work scheme
• Corporate gym membership discounts