Reporting in to the Creative Managing Partner, we are looking for a Creative Technology Director to drive the introduction and integration of emerging technologies into the creative concepting process. You’ll need to be able to originate creative ideas, build prototypes of creative ideas and showcase the latest creative uses of technology to the wider agency. You’ll bring human centric design principles to creative ideas and keep up to date with tech trends and play with the tech to understand it.
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to provide solutions that properly blend design, technology and strategy. You will ideally have front-end and/or back-end developer experience with the desire and ability to work on digital projects from start to finish, developing conceptual ideas with creative teammates and coding the final deliverables.
You’ll help to lead projects from briefing through concepting, system architecture, development and final delivery, lead on strategic and creative thinking for brand utilities and platforms and will ensure the workflow will be agile, high quality and delivered on time.
• Make our work better by leveraging the power of technology and development
• Work closely with strategists, creative directors and the broader interactive team to guide the interactive execution of projects from an interaction design, IA/UX/CX, usability and development perspective
• Work closely with IT to optimise infrastructure and processes
• Work closely with Creative Managing Partner, Creative Director, Creative Leads, MD and Head of Dev to continually optimise our interactive offering in terms of staffing, process and internal education
• Participate in client meetings where technology/development is discussed
• Present to both internal and external audiences to help educate, inspire and provide thought leadership on interactive technologies
• Work with other members of the creative team to ensure successful implementation and integration of assigned digital projects
• Assist with the generation of ideas for interactive content that utilises the latest technology while accommodating brand standards, campaign messaging and direct response tactics, as needed
• Develop and maintain clean, high quality, standards-compliant code that is cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatible as appropriate
• Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards, modern web browser capabilities and compatibility issues
Key experience, skills and attributes
• Extensive experience of deep interactive development/production experience with proven expertise and a portfolio of impressive work
• Solid ad agency or digital agency experience
• Experience in managing outside digital production vendors
• Mobile app and mobile web development experience
• Ability to effectively articulate sound recommendations, both internally and with our clients
• Possess an understanding and appreciation for fully-integrated marketing
• Understand the strengths and limitations of current and emerging platforms
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Creative Technology Director, Norwich, NR1
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Ideas you can’t ignore.
And an opportunity you can’t afford to miss.
We’re bigdog, an award-winning creative agency. We believe the best ideas are sparked by insight, developed without channel prejudice, and delivered with skill and passion at every touchpoint.
We have 140 talented integrated specialists, working across offices in London, Leicester, Norwich and Birmingham. We’re part of the Mission Group – one of the UK’s most respected networks – sharing skills and resources across 14 agencies and over 1,000 staff.
• 22 days’ holiday + bank holidays
• Additional day off for your birthday!
• Health Shield cover
• Company pension
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Life insurance