We are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated, committed and experienced Operations / Production / Manufacturing Manager from a signage, retail, exhibition or project/site manager background, to be based from our Colchester Office. It is essential you have an understanding of either signage, print manufacture or site installations along with experience of running a similar production facility and team of trades.
This role will head up a team of c35 people covering all aspects of signage operations including costings, surveys, scheduling, production, fitting and H&S.
• Liaise with the Design Studio and Project Management Team regarding technical issues, drawings and site installation criteria
• Regularly liaise with the Production Team to manage the production schedule, workforce and processes
• Champion change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas.
• Enforce standard policies and procedures providing clear and accurate advice on methods of production and installation.
• Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to the Directors.
• Responsible for machinery upkeep and maintenance
• Assist with quoting, materials purchasing and quality control
• Act as supplier point of contact – products/services and new product review/research
• Manage and maintain a list of preferred suppliers or tiered suppliers
• Attend supplier demos/training to understand latest products and services and how best to use it
• Arrange trials and build benefits cases for new products to demonstrate to the network
• Negotiate prices and service quality to deliver value on products and services procured across the group
Required skills, experience and certification:
• Experience of managing teams of tradespeople and production staff with the drive, positivity and professionalism to motivate and inspire the team
• Strong process led approach with the ability to navigate between different projects of various scales
• Experience of planning and managing multiple projects
• Experience in managing production schedules and the day-to-day operation of the production facility
• Understanding of print, production methods and their suitability would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience implementing new processes or process change
• Drive best practices and quality standards across the Company
• Be up-to-date with relevant production equipment and machinery
• Understanding of technical drawings
• Experienced in quoting work and managing budgets
• Experience in delivering and implementing a Health and Safety policy (a Health & Safety qualification would be preferable)
• Experience of the shop fitting industry is an advantage
• CNC/CAD experience useful
• Clean Driving License
• H&S Qualifications/CSCS etc
Signage Operations Manager, Colchester
£ Highly Competitive + Car/Allowance + Benefits
Part of the Mission Marketing Group, we are a full-service agency providing complete marketing, advertising and communications; from strategy to execution, all in-house. We are the UK’s leading property marketing agency but we cover all industries and sectors including automotive, finance and leisure: we just love being creative! Our innovative services include the latest in CGI and digital marketing including websites touchscreens and iPad apps, bespoke marketing suites, signage and brochures. The successful candidate will be working out of our head office in Colchester, a vibrant, state of the art workplace.
• Negotiable and competitive salary (subject to experience)
• Bonus scheme based on achieving KPI’s/set objectives
• Company Car Option
• 25 Days holiday
• Company Pension Scheme
• Mission Share Save Scheme