About the role
Delivering client-focused services is a key objective of this role. The Account Manager will work closely with the senior members of the account management team, business development, operational services and the client to ensure that the service and deliverables provided to the client are of the highest level and meet the objectives in terms of cost, quality and desired outcomes.
The Account Manager will work with business development and once projects are established will be providing feedback to clients regarding ongoing project status and cost management.
The Account Manager will be a point of contact to the client through the implementation of account and project teams, providing a consistent client/agency interface.
The primary objective is to deliver an efficient, effective and profitable service on client accounts & projects. Excellent organisational and communication skills will assist in developing and maintaining client business.
• Understand and promote ghg credentials to clients. Understand the roles and responsibilities of other departments, building effective and profitable relationships, acting as the intermediary between the client, account team and key departments.
• Be responsible for the caliber of both internal and external communications prepared for the client
• Understand and educate SAE/AEs/JAE to use the appropriate admin/briefing/ scheduling procedures required by other Agency departments.
• Understand and work towards delivering the Agency financial performance measures, maintaining regular dialogue with senior members of the team on financial performance.
• Be a key and trusted point of contact for the clients, driving day to day business.
• Identify business opportunities from existing clients and produce proposals as needed.
• Ascertain and respond to client needs, advising others to effectively deliver client requests.
• Manage the client on a proactive basis, positioning the Agency as a key trusted partner, taking an active interest in all aspects of Client business:
obtain business data and market information from Client and competitive environment, ensuring the Agency is fully immersed in the Client’s business;
understand and respond to client’s business and communication strategy and objectives;
understand the client brand and portfolio.
• Implement appropriate service level agreements with clients supporting the client lead.
• Work to ensure that all work from Creative to Production meets acceptable levels of quality and timeliness within budgetary guidelines.
• Communicate Agency recommendations and field strategic and creative enquiries.
• Integrate and direct work with other Agency departments.
• Take responsibility for organising the approval of day-to-day briefs, contact reports, quotes etc from account team. Ensure the senior account team is kept informed at all times.
• Implement regular dialogue with account team members to review and identify client issues.
Creative Awareness and Management
• Take ownership for the quality of creative strategy and output:
work to develop inspired and single-minded selling strategies and creative propositions;
brief, direct and inspire the creative teams on projects, providing insight into client and consumer expectations;
exercise the ability to judge creative ideas in terms of factual accuracy and relevance to brief;
give clear, constructive and objective feedback to Creatives, agreeing the appropriateness of concepts presented to clients;
diplomatically handle debates with creative and client.
• Manage and support production and creative development schedules to ensure quality control prior to presentation, whilst ensuring all work is completed in line with time and budgetary constraints.
• Work in conjunction with Creative Service Manager to implement appropriate working practices for relevant Clients in terms of procedure, process and resource.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with creative and studio.
• Work with the senior team on cost/commission proposals.
• Tailor financial systems to Client’s requirements: best practice, efficiency and transparency for both parties.
• Implement a regular forum to keep all team members up to speed on the financials of each piece of business.
• Ensure quotes, invoices, financial status meetings are delivered on time and timesheets are completed and up-to-date.
• Work with the team to minimize agency exposure to third party costs.
• Oversee financial interactions on client accounts, ensuring good financial health, revenue streams and billing practices, identifying fiscal issues with your senior team.
Maintain dialogue with your manager to keep up dated on:
manage team issues for your SAE/AE/JAE
agree training and development needs
co-ordinate attendance at key client meetings
agree delegation of tasks and responsibilities across the team
Proactively pursue self-development opportunities.
Assume joint responsibility regularly reviewing performance and personal development.
Discuss career aspirations and agree personal development plan with your manager.
Familiarity with ABPI code of practice would be ideal
A science background and/or interest in all things health, may be helpful
ghg is a full service, integrated, global communications agency and has since grown to a globally-recognized network of companies that speak health to every audience and in every medium that matters. We are dedicated to building world-class healthcare brands among healthcare professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers digital and television broadcast media, print, medical education and managed access strategies.
We are a curious lot, by nature, and what we discover, we want to share. Step inside the walls of ghg and discover infectious energy, new ideas, new tech, and new ways of approaching healthcare.
Our London office brings the above to life in an exciting and truly unique environment. We are continuing to pitch and win significant and exciting pieces of new business
About ghg London
We are people who care.
We care about people’s health.
We care about doing a good job, doing our best, in fact, doing better.
And we care about each other whilst we do it.
Competitive and extensive benefits