ABOUT THE FAST TEAM
The Future Adaptive Specialist Team (FAST) covers all programmatic media buying across Search, Social and Display. We define any programmatic display as inventory that is traded on the open exchange (directly via DSP or indirectly via a partner e.g. Quantcast) or via a marketplace. The team plays a vital role in the Build phase across audiences, connections, content and measurement, implementing the solutions defined and designed by the Planning function.
The future of media is converging with more platforms and partners integrating and investing into a joined up digital journey. Where previously this may have been a jigsaw of partners, now we have scalable technology and platforms offering ways of interconnecting audience data through to execution. This creates better opportunities to plan and execute campaigns in a joined up way.
The FAST team are ultimately responsible for execution of campaigns, implementation strategy, channel reporting and insight. They will be developing each discipline to work across channel with the audience in mind and underpin this with the latest product adoption.
ABOUT THE ACCOUNT MANAGER ROLE
No customer journey is linear. As they move between screens, offline and online, the role of the FAST specialist is to understand this challenge and build our story around this. This can be measured in the Plan (who my customer is and what they want to do), Adapt (how a maximise the experience and outcome) and Analyse phase (how I bring clarity and insight to a non-linear journey).
Our FAST team are specialists in their individual discipline (Search, Social, Display) but have the foresight to work horizontally across the other digital disciplines. The team will plan with this customer journey in mind, noting what actions brought them to their channel and what happens when they leave. However a specialist will be pushing adoption from their channel, keeping up with new product releases and working with partners to develop more.
The end to end channel optimisation will incorporate implementation planning and data integration cross channel through to creative and in detailed analysis. These skill sets will be part of the team whilst working with other specialists (business planning) for broader projects.
The FAST team members will have these core responsibilities:
Social channel responsibilities
Specific to search the search specialist will also execute all channel campaign strategy and management requirements:
• Building of social accounts
• Ownership of social campaigns set up and development
• Management of social management technology
• Input into creative production recommendations and liaising with creative agencies
• Assessing product appropriateness to client
• Planning outcomes based on prior performance
• Bookings in native platforms (i.e. Facebook business manager, Twitter ads)
• Reconciliation of budgets and management across platform
• Ensuring billing is received in the correct format and in the correct time
• Ensuring all work and process aligns with SOX compliance and GroupM risk and security code of conduct
Setting up the priority audiences
FAST will use higher level audiences developed at the planning stage and apply these to each channel discipline. They will identify opportunities to use data within their channel and the products available and also work with other disciplines where this crosses channel.
• Create priority based audience segments for the channel
• Ensure we are set up to maximise data collection through the correct tagging and tracking with the appropriate reporting infrastructure in place for each segment.
• Apply universal data (1st party) and 3rd party to our plans.
• Use cross channel data to apply to implementation strategy i.e. using search retargeting data in display or brining DMP data into individual channel applications
• Report and assess initial planning audience segments vs optimisation
Build the connections plan
Working with the campaign team, FAST will manage the execution and implementation planning for the campaigns.
• Creating the implementation strategy and build of the connections plan for sign off
• Channel planning: Forecasting of KPIs and performance, weighting and flighting of budgets
• Designing the product roadmap
• Setting up the campaigns
• Booking media with suppliers
• Ensuring all technical set up aligns with measurement framework
Manage partners, product content and creative assets
Adapting our plans to integrate new developments and thinking is a fundamental part of the team. Working with partners to set up testing conditions for beta products as well as developing content and creative ideas is a foundation of our plans
• Work with partners / 3rd parties / creative teams on the production of content / creative to support campaigns i.e formats, creative messages, creative rules
• Setting up creative delivery and outlining the rules for any adaptive creative i.e. retargeting, dynamic or sequential delivery
Setting up measurement & reporting infrastructure and data feeds
Ensuring we are optimising in-channel and across product based on reports and insight.
• Working towards channel KPIs
• Optimising creative, placement and audience to Mindshare best practice standards
• Reporting back channel and product performance and trends – PCAs, weekly/monthly reports. Providing commentary and insight.
• Setting up the required technical aspects of measuring campaigns, in channel and cross channel, and supporting the setup of data feeds for reporting
• Where applicable, build the data visualisation to share reporting i.e. The Loop or develop reports
Growing and developing our programmatic buying offering
Digital will become more programmatic and the FAST team will lead the transition of traditional buying towards programmatic buying. They will identify opportunities and assess the decisions that combine outcome, audience, trading and scale.
• Manage performance and the rationale between partners
• Identify opportunities across FAST to integrate our offering and plans with the other channels i.e. sharing data, linking reporting, targeting audiences
• Best practice is both delivering outcomes and understanding to the client. Educating on the role of the channel as well as the cross channel journey.
• Creating an agile roadmap to testing new technology in channel
• Identifying partners that will complement their channel or help connect their execution with other FAST disciplines.
As FAST and specialists in their discipline, team members will continue to lead discussions on their channel for both campaign performance and future development.
• Quarterly reviews
• Annual planning
• Monthly campaigns
• Performance and insight reviews
• Leading clients on transitioning more programmatic buys (search, social, display)
• Working with clients to adopt new technology that compliments their channel
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The Account Manager has in-depth knowledge of their specialism, the technology & platforms and how to fully refine and optimize a campaign. The fast nature of the industry means they are adapt at integrating new developments and integrating these to their plans.
The key knowledge required:
• Understanding of platforms, tools and new developments
• Correct measurement, KPI setting and optimization
• Linear and holistic metrics
• How to set up and structure campaigns
• Where data can be valuable and where machine learning is appropriate
• Connecting programmatic channels through data and tech; search, social and display
Typical skills to:
• Capacity to develop and integrate new thinking
• Understanding of channel structures and appropriate KPI application to grow accounts
• Technically competent around set up, best practice and advice
• Analytical in analysis of results and advice on optimization and measurement
Mindshare is a leading global marketing and media services network with billings in excess of £23billion worldwide. The network consists of 97 offices in 67 countries throughout the USA, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific; each dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands.
Technology is changing our lives in astonishing and unimaginable ways and, in media, we are lucky enough to be working at the very heart of this change. However, the way we think about media is vital to unlocking the greatest opportunities for our clients and producing our best work. We define media as the space where content, audiences, data and technology meet.
This media playground is an exciting, vibrant and fast evolving space - a space that’s buzzing with innovation and creativity. A space where new people behaviours, habits and routines are fast emerging.
WORKING FOR MINDSHARE
We invest heavily in staff development- training is extensive from the most junior level with mock pitches, cross-media training, and learning modules in conjunction with the GroupM University. We work hard to create a coaching culture across the agency and have launched training programmes including a “Future Leaders Programme”- a 12-month modular learning course designed to accelerate staff development and to expose employees to new areas of the business, and in January 2012 Huddle was launched- an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network. Find out more here:
It’s not all work here - Mindshare hold social events for everyone including festive and summer parties and monthly get-togethers. February 2012 saw Mindshare’s first subsidised ski-trip, which was a roaring success and is now into its 4th year!
Operating Company: Mindshare UK
Job Title: Account Manager
Department / Team: Exchange FAST - Paid Social
Reporting to: Account Director, Paid Social
Location: Central Saint Giles, London
Salary: Competitive rates of pay apply
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
Deadline for applications: 3rd April 2018
Download additional details