We are a team of Creative Scientists.
We help our clients by turning data into insight and applying a creative lens to all their problems. You will challenge clients and the rest of the team to get to the bottom of the underlying problem. You will then solve it with a mix of creativity and methodical rigour.
You must challenge the status quo and see no boundaries to what we can achieve. Be ambitious, be adaptable and be an expert in your field. Help us be better and don’t settle for average.
You will become an inspiration to the rest of the agency and a leader within your area of expertise.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Digital Marketing Graduate (SEO Executive) will report to the Head of SEO, supporting the wider team in the delivery of world class SEO campaigns. You will also develop a level of autonomy whereby you'll eventually lead the SEO strategy for your own client base; the learning curve is steep but there is potential for rapid progression should you meet the challenge.
You will proactively build strong working relationships with internal and external contacts. We pride ourselves on having a collaborative environment that ensures highly contentious issues within the SEO industry are explored and conclusions drawn to drive impactful results.
While initial focus of the role will be on SEO, there will be opportunity if desired to gain hands-on experience across multiple other specialisms within our integrated digital team, as well as exposure to other non-digital media channels.
• Hands-on production, providing support to the Head of SEO & SEO Manager
• Detailed competitor audits across the three core aspects of SEO (technical, content & authority)
• Assist with best practice technical SEO consultancy (discovering and resolving issues)
• Producing comprehensive exploratory keyword research & on-page optimisation recommendations
• Assisting the team with delivering recommendations for our publisher clients to rank prominently in the news carousel
• Producing accurate and insightful reporting on a regular basis for clients
• Assist with execution of outreach campaigns – liaising with multiple stakeholders (clients, bloggers), organising and managing events, post-campaign monitoring of results
• Develop excellent working relationships with clients.
• Actively seek the latest SEO industry news to ensure our strategies are forward-thinking
• Take a pro-active approach to training and development (alongside the official VCCP programme)
• Collaborate with the wider digital team to ensure an integrated approach
• Contribute to new business pitches
• Support & deliver case studies for award winning work
• No prior SEO experience is necessary – we are looking for someone who is a self-starter with passion and ambition.
• It is essential that you are able to quickly develop your knowledge & apply newly learnt skills
• Excited about the SEO industry
• Keen to develop a strong understanding of technical website optimisation
• Strong Excel skills to determine actionable insights from large data sets
• Strong maths and analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives.
• Ruthless attention to detail, especially when employing individual processes and procedures. Hold others to account, setting a high bar for quality that is always met.
• Awareness of other marketing disciplines & practicalities of integration
• Organised and methodical, with excellent time management skills – ability to work autonomously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be fluent in both written and spoken English (other languages also desirable).
• Motivated to participate in VCCP Media development and personal growth.
• Outgoing and must be a team player.
• Applicable knowledge of front-end development languages
• Experience using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Search Console, Omniture
• An understanding of scripts (and/or coding skills) and how these can be used for client advantage
• Understanding of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
• Excellent presentation skills: crafting narrative, visuals and in delivery
• Experience with the following tools: Deepcrawl, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, RStudio, Searchmetrics, AWR, TUNE, SimilarWeb, DDS, Chrome
VCCP Media is part of the highly creative and multi award-winning VCCP Partnership which exists to transform the fortunes of our clients. VCCP Media is a top 20 media agency, privately owned, with a team of 70+ people, projected billings of £70m in 2018 and ambitious targets for further growth. Our clients include ASOS, Maplin, News UK, 888.com, The Economist, Sofa.com, Vue Cinemas and MTV.
As a standalone Media Company we pride ourselves on delivering transformative performance for our clients with line-by-line planning coupled with excellent trading relationships with our media owner partners. We are leading the way by being part of the largest truly full service agency across media, digital, creative, PR, CRM, data and content teams, all in the same building, with the same respected name, delivering the right media-lead solutions for our clients.
We are setting the agenda moving to a new model of full service which sees us as a strong standalone media unit within a multi-communication wider team. We have a vibrant and sociable office culture, going out regularly as a team, as well as with media owners, clients and on our annual company trip where we’ve been to cities like Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam and Nice.
Benefits and fun stuff
• Life Assurance
• Private Healthcare – through Vitality
• Income Protection
• 25 days holiday (additional to bank holidays, the office may also close for 3 days over Christmas and New Year and work permitting, half a day before a bank holiday)
• Mobile phone
• Enhanced maternity pay / 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave (after qualifying period)
• Season ticket loan - after 3 months
• Fresh fruit daily
• Cycle to work scheme - after 3 months
• Childcare vouchers
• Salary Sacrifice Pension - after 3 months
• Corporate Gym Membership - after 3 months
• Continuous training and development
• Manicure and pedicure lady
• Beautiful offices based in Victoria
• Toasty club
• Softball league
• Football league
• Annual parties – Christmas and summer
• Curious and other information sharing sessions