The Global Social Director will deliver global paid social guidance for a new, top automotive client at PHD Global Business. PHD Global was named as the 2015 Media Network of the year by Campaign magazine.
The Global Social Director will be responsible for supporting local PHD Social Advertising teams with guidance and best practices across all relevant social platforms. Local markets require Paid Social support in the form of creating and cascading innovative Paid Social advertising strategies and best practice guides, helping to train teams, and having a good grasp of all things related to Paid Social for the automotive client. S/he will also support the local client as required to ensure Social Advertising excellence.
The Global Social Director will be part of an international VW team based in London. This role reports to the Head of Search & Social, and is integrated into all aspects of Social Advertising for the client. S/he will have insight into work being done for the client far beyond our Paid Social remit, providing a valuable opportunity to see inside one of the biggest automotive company’s marketing campaigns and strategies globally.
We are looking for a passionate Paid Social enthusiast to work alongside the Global Strategy Director to ensure this client’s social ambitions are realised, and also ensuring a continual evolution of those ambitions so they are ahead of competitors.
Preference will be given to candidates with fluency in more than one language (English required, German highly desirable). Candidates requiring relocation will be considered.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The role is to be a Paid Social product specialist & provide global guidance on implementation and execution.
Global to Local Social Management
• Feed into global governance
• Educate and keep Paid Social innovation at the forefront with the central client and local teams
• Cascade global material to local offices, including global strategies, Paid Social best practice, POV, and other educational material
• Brief the PHD Global local teams on the Paid Social planning process and deliverables over the course of the year and control outputs
• Help local teams uncover and understand client objectives, challenges, and needs in order to actively provide Paid Social solutions for the client
• Be able to audit local offices’ implementation of recommendations and use of technology
• Ensure local PHD Global teams have implemented and maintain:
o Globally defined Paid Social Account Naming conventions
o Adobe Analytics tracking
o Audience Targeting
o Any defined best practices
• Attend monthly local client calls to review performance and roadmap
Global Client Management
• Oversee execution across all markets, with no direct implementation responsibilities.
• Actively participate in long range strategic planning.
• Lead senior level client meetings and attend regular client status meetings as appropriate.
• Provide updates on local teams’ status to Head of Search & Social and to the VW central marketing team in Germany, including the proactive identification of any potential issues impacting Social Advertising
• Regular (monthly or more) travel to the global client’s offices in northern Germany
• Provide Paid Social guidance to the local PHD offices and the client with status updates on deliverables on a regular basis, including management of Global deadlines
Process Development and Evolution
• Work with the client & client team to grow Paid Social advertising investment
• Develop the product offering to keep pace with industry evolutions and drive the innovation agenda; ensuring that the client is at the forefront of Paid Social advertising
• Identify, develop, present and transition new client opportunities that solve client problems and advance their business through a full understanding of the product/channel mix
• Defining ways of working with external agencies, internal departments at the client, and within the global and local teams at PHD Global
• Mentor local teams where necessary
• Ensure thorough processes are in place across the local teams to drive operational efficiencies for all Paid Social campaigns
• Oversee training and development of agency teams
• Work with the local teams worldwide to ensure the deliverables are completed in line with the defined processes and timeline
Contribute to company culture
• Foster a culture which enables sharing, innovation and pro-activeness
• Support channel training to both PHD Global teams and wider agency stakeholders
• Attend monthly Resolution directors’ meetings to both share and learn from peers
• 5+ years’ experience in Paid Social advertising at either a digital agency or client-side; other digital channels desirable
• Paid social platform management experience – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
• Team management experience
• Be a proactive self-starter
• Attention to detail is a must
• Have an adaptive style in being able to communicate often technical ideas in simple terms
• Have strong organizational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once
• Experience directly managing and creating Paid Social campaigns from scratch
• Ability to manage challenges of various stakeholders and market interests in a culturally sensitive manner
• Willingness to travel, frequently to Germany but also internationally to local client offices based around the world as needed
• Previous automotive experience desirable but not required
• Language skills
o Required: English
o Highly desirable: German
o Desirable: Other western European languages
PHD Global is an Omnicom Media Group company focused on digital biddable media. We collaborate closely with our sister agencies like OMD and Resolution to deliver seamless digital marketing solutions to some of the world’s leading brands including Unilever, GSK, Pepsi, Disney, McDonalds, Cisco, HP, Levis, and EasyJet, among many others.
We help our clients use data from digital platforms to turn critical audience insights into action and move our clients’ businesses forward. Our Digital Marketing services include Paid Search, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Display/Behavioral Targeting, Social Advertising, Mobile Marketing, ecommerce search optimization, and more.