We are looking for a Search Assistant to join our growing Search team here at MGOMD. This role offers a steep learning curve and the opportunity to progress quickly for a truly ambitious candidate. The Paid Search team are pioneering techniques which are at the forefront of the industry. This will give the candidate a very desirable and transferable set of skills. The role has plenty of space for individual input, pro-activity and creative ideas of how to make performance ever more efficient.
• Assist in the optimisation of performance to ensure that client KPIs are hit
• Assist in delivering client reports and high standard commentary and insights to the client on a regular basis
• Assist the team in compiling regular data analysis and recommendations to clients
• Assist the team in compiling post campaign analysis and reviews and recommendations to clients
• Assist the team in identifying new potential opportunities for clients
The successful candidate should possess the following skills:
• Clear/concise communication both verbal and written
• Helpful, friendly and positive attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Be able to transparently manage expectations of the team and the client
• Highly numerate, must love data
• Marketing, management/economics or maths degree is an advantage
• Team Player - Support your team pro-actively and positively
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Be able to construct a basic presentation with strong narrative
• As search is an ever-evolving dynamic industry, keen to never stop learning, take personal responsibility for retaining and absorbing information
• Be able to present yourself and communicate professionally in all your encounters with media owners, clients and people internally
• Strong organisation skills and excellent time management
• Ability to work to and deliver against set deadlines
• Be able to listen and apply regular feedback and training, take personal responsibility for own development (ample development of craft skills and soft skills will be provided)
• Must have a great work ethic with a can-do attitude
MG OMD job descriptions are not intended to be restrictive and are a guideline to the duties in this role.
Founded in 1990 as Manning Gottlieb Media, we were bought out by Omnicom in 1998 to become Manning Gottlieb OMD, joining Omnicom Media Group’s leading media network, OMD.
We are an award winning media agency. In 2016, we made headlines for our award success, winning amongst others, two Cannes Lions, three Festival of Media awards and a Grand Prix at both the IPA Effectiveness awards and the Thinkbox TV Planning awards. These awards also led us to be crowned the ‘most awarded agency in history’ at both the IPA Effectiveness awards and the Thinkbox TV Planning awards, a truly fantastic achievement that reflects our ongoing commitment to producing brilliantly creative and effective work for our clients.
We have a team of 370+ people who are driven by our overarching ambition to be the most progressive media agency in the UK, working across a diverse range of over 55 clients including: Nissan, Renault, Virgin Group (including. Virgin Media and Virgin Trains), Specsavers, Starbucks, Estee Lauder Companies, Sony Pictures, Mitsubishi, John Lewis and Waitrose.
We believe that in our industry it is ultimately people who make the difference. It is our people who create the ideas. It is our people who deliver the media communications solutions and who go that step further and make a difference for our clients. So true to our ethos we work hard at creating a spirit and atmosphere that inspires our people to be considerate, honest and professional whilst also being stimulating, imaginative and inspirational. We want people who are great to work with, fun to be with and totally committed.
As a result, we continue YOY to invest heavily in the development of our people, so much so that our training and development programme has been awarded the prestigious CPD Gold accreditation from the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) for the past five years, with us achieving CPD Platinum status in 2015 and 2016, an accolade awarded to only 16 other IPA member agencies.