The role of a Planner is pivotal in the operation of our specialist teams, and to the delivery of our product to clients. The role gives people the opportunity to learn new skills in digital marketing by learning to use search engine advertising platforms, and 3rd party bidding tools in a coordinated fashion to deliver against client KPIs.
A planner in OMD EMEA will be exposed to the thinking and strategies behind multi-million pound campaigns, and be responsible for the activation, maintenance and reporting for said activation. The planner role is not a behind the scenes roles either, a planner is present and can actively take part in meetings, assisting in the preparation and presentation of results in person or during calls, and is trained in becoming an effective and efficient communicator, skills that will carry over in his career regardless of direction.
• Pro-actively support planner/manager in ensuring regular day to day work is delivered
• Ensure that processes are rigorously followed, and timed delivery is adhered to
• Demonstrates a curiosity & willingness to learn
• Builds and maintains strong, positive relationship with team members
• Works in creating new keyword/copy/extension builds
• Regularly audits accounts and scans for possible optimisations
• Runs reports, writes commentary and extracts actionable insights
• Contributes to the team’s case studies with data and historical information
• Contributes to the monthly meetings with presentations of good work
• Degree-level qualification. Or a distinctive relevant experience that suggests an aptitude and passion for the role and wider digital environment.
• Strong spoken and written language skills in native language, English or other language as the role requires.
• Enumerate, with Excels skills a plus
• Strong organisational skills – able to manage and prioritise multiple projects and identify the right people to support
• A team player!
• Eager to learn and grow in the role
• Languages: German, French, Spanish, Nordic Languages, Russian, Chinese. Any addition languages to English will be a bonus.
Who we are:
OMD is a leading global media agency with global billings of $40bn+, offices in over 100 countries, and 10,000 people servicing an incomparable client list containing many more global relationships than any other media agency. For clients such as PepsiCo, Apple, Renault Nissan, Google, McDonalds and Sony.
OMD sets the standard in media agency work, evidenced by topping the Gunn Report which tracks performance across all leading award schemes globally, for 10 years running including being the most awarded agency at the Cannes Lions over the last 5 years and also the leading agency for the Effies effectiveness index, again over the last 5 years.
The EMEA team based at Kings Cross leads the evolution and execution of the OMD promise against c.$20bn of client investment within and across the most demanding and complex region in the world. OMD is #1 in EMEA and continuing to innovate at scale and pace to ensure that position is maintained.