To become a TV planning and buying specialist within the multi-media investment team, taking on a secondary channel as appropriate.
The candidate should be a self-starter with real enthusiasm for TV in particular and media in general, an aptitude for numbers, an approachable and flexible team player with a willingness to learn.
• To plan and buy TV campaigns across a client base
• To work collaboratively with the team to deliver effective and efficient TV solutions to client briefs
• To develop a full understanding of the trading dynamics of the market
• To develop a full understanding of the media owners in your market, their product portfolios and their sales policies
• To learn the basics of negotiation in order to maximise value for clients
• To collate TV market intelligence for internal and external communications
• To understand the financial process and ensure that all TV bookings are on DDS in time for billing runs
• To monitor and reconcile airtime deliveries via DDS and to collate this info on behalf of the team
• To be responsible for keeping media owner/ station information up to date for internal use
• To be responsible for collating up to date case studies from media owners for internal use
• To work collaboratively with both planners and buyers from other disciplines to leverage cross-media opportunities and deals
• To eventually champion TV within the team and the agency in terms of knowledge, opportunities and best practise
• To eventually take on a secondary channel specialism
Requirements/ skill set:
• Strong mathematical skills
• Confident, persuasive and personable in your communication style
• A relationship builder
• An aptitude for negotiation
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• Good time management skills and the ability to multi task
• A keen, enthusiastic, ambitious team player
Manning Gottlieb OMD is an award winning media agency with a reputation in the market as a forward thinking and entrepreneurial organization. 2012 proved to be an award winning year for us with us picking up several awards including the renowned Grand Prix at the Cannes Media Lions Awards for our work on the Google Voice Search campaign.
We have a team of around 250 people who are driven by our ethos to Continually Create Difference for our clients. We believe that every idea we have and pound we spend should have a positive influence on consumer thinking and behaviour and ultimately deliver a demonstrable, profitable return for our clients.
We also believe that in our industry it is ultimately people who make the difference. It is our people who create the ideas. It is our people who deliver the media communications solutions and who go that step further and make a difference for our clients. So true to our ethos we work hard at creating a spirit and atmosphere that inspires our people to be considerate, honest and professional whilst also being stimulating, imaginative and inspirational. We want people who are great to work with, fun to be with and totally committed. As a result, we invest heavily in developing our people, so much so that we’ve recently received Gold accreditation from the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) for our training and development programmes.
The company’s key clients include: Nissan, Renault, Virgin Group (including. Virgin Media and Virgin Atlantic), Specsavers, Google Chrome, Starbucks, Bathstore, Sony Pictures, Sony PlayStation, Mitsubishi, John Lewis, Waitrose and Skype.
The company culture is creative, future looking & brand focused. It provides the opportunity for individuals to really shine – with a less hierarchal structure than other agencies, empowering individuals and giving them real responsibility.
Available on request