The ten winners were selected from a twenty-four strong shortlist and work in middle-management positions within media planning, brand management, creative and client services. They were celebrated at an Awards breakfast held at the IPA this morning - view the photos.
The winning Women of Tomorrow:
• Kit Altin, Planning Director, Leo Burnett
• Laura Chaibi, Senior Director of International Research, Yahoo!
• Nazia Du Bois, Global Head of Planning, DAVID and Director of Global Cultural Strategy, Ogilvy & Mather
• Kathryn Ellis, Senior Planner, Bray Leino, formerly Karmarama
• Vibha George, Programme Director, VCCP
• Alice Hooper, Board Account Director, Leo Burnett
• Sophie Lewis, Senior Planner, AMV BBDO
• Felicity Long, Head of Digital, Carat
• Lucy-Anne Ronayne, Creative Director, Work Club
• Emily Samways, Business Director, Karmarama
View the winners' full submissions and watch the high profile Women of Today judging panel* explain why these women stood out.
Says Karen Blackett, CEO, Mediacom and Co-Chairwoman of Judges: “These Women of Tomorrow are clearly women who are excelling at their careers, but what sets them apart and makes them our future leaders is their ability to use their energy and passions to make a difference, pioneer and break new grounds. Confident, smart, innovative and crucially likeable women who are fabulous ambassadors for our industry. Our future is bright!”
Says Maisie McCabe, News Editor, Campaign and Co-Chairwoman of Judges: “All the women who we interviewed for this initiative were already doing great things in their current role. However, this year’s ten winners demonstrated that they have the drive, ambition and confidence to not only become one of the next generation of leaders but also to determine the shape of the industry in the future. I look forward to following all their successful careers for years to come.”
The winners will be featured in a double-page spread in this week’s Campaign magazine (13th March 2014).
The full list of finalists:
• Fleur Andrews, Business Director, The Corner London • Catherine Davis, Chief Marketing Officer, Grey London
• Caroline Davison, Client Services Director, Elvis • Elle Graham-Dixon, Senior Planner, Karmarama
• Rowena Johnson, Global Partnerships and Digital Innovation Director, Carat
• Jacqueline Lynch, Senior Project Manager, Leo Burnett
• Kate Joynes-Burgess, Head of Digital, Weber Shandwick
• Holly Maguire, Development Director, Isobar
• Helen Rae, Head of Account Management, AMV BBDO
• Sarah Taylor, Head of Learning & Development, Starcom Mediavest
• Louisa Tapper, Head of Talent & Business Director, VCCP
• Claire Valoti, Head of Agency Relations, Facebook
• Anke Will, Brand Manager, P&G
• Ann Wixley, Creative Director, OMD
*The Woman of Today judging panel:
• Karen Blackett, CEO, MediaCom (Co-Chairwoman)
• Maisie McCabe, News Editor, Campaign (Co-Chairwoman)
• Tess Alps, Executive Chair, Thinkbox
• Susanna Dinnage, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Discovery Networks UK & Ireland
• Sarah Golding, CEO & Partner, CHI & Partners
• Camilla Harrison, CEO, M&C Saatchi
• Catherine Kehoe, Managing Director, Retail Brands and Marketing, Lloyds Banking Group
• Nicola Mendelsohn, VP EMEA, Facebook
Watch inspiring careers advice from the Women of Today judging panel.
Last updated 12/03/2014