Collective tops 2014 IPA Media Owner autumn survey
Collective are the only media owner to have achieved a score above 80% in this Grand Prix category in this latest survey, although a further four - Twitter, AOL Advertising, Say Media and InSkin – all achieved a score above 75%. They were followed by A&NY Media, Exponential and Dennis Publishing, all of whom achieved a score above 70%. In this same category, Twitter led the online pure plays with a score of 79.8%, while A&NY Media led the crossover media owners sector with a score of 73.5%.
View the full survey here.
Other key findings:
- Since the last survey, ITV.com saw an improvement of 13.4 percentage points in the Grand Prix category (in terms of suppliers’ overall experience of dealing with them), while Facebook improved by 8.9 percentage points and Collective by 6.4 percentage points.
- In addition to leading the Grand Prix category, Collective Media led the rankings in seven other categories (understanding client strategies/objectives, quality of responses to brief, understanding of own products, dispute resolution, contactable, mid-campaign support and post-campaign support).
- Twitter led in four categories (innovative/creative solutions, communication of new opportunities, agency/media owner partnership, communication of direct contact with client), while Microsoft Advertising led in one (regular, constructive contact).
- Telegraph.co.uk narrowly led in the category regarding the exploitation of cross-media opportunities.
- Overall, ITV.com have seen an improvement of 10 percentage points or more across 12 categories while Global Radio have improved by 10 percentage points across five categories.
Says Nigel Gwilliam, IPA Consultant Head of Media and Emerging Technologies: “This survey showcases which media owners are exemplars in the online media space – those that are providing the best service and consequently the best value. On that note, particular praise must go to Collective – to top over half of the categories in this latest survey demonstrates their truly impressive levels of service.”
Says Pete Robins, IPA Digital Media Group Chairman and Managing Partner Agenda 21: “Congratulations to all those media owners who are offering good levels of service and particularly to those that have made a conscious effort to improve their offerings, including ITV.com, Global Radio, Facebook and to the Grand Prix winner Collective. The aim of the survey is to help pinpoint the areas where improvements can be made in order to help increase the standard of digital advertising, so I am very pleased to see that they are taking the survey's feedback on board and that their hard work is paying off.”
The winners of the 2014 Media Owner Awards (MOA) were announced last Tuesday 25th November 2013. From a shortlist of 53, 16 awards and 11 commendations were presented. Eight awards were submission-based and an additional eight awards were based on the results of the IPA’s Online Media Owner Survey (a combination of spring, autumn and year-on-year results). Full details here.
Research was carried out in September 2014, with digital planners, strategists and buyers in media agencies as well as digital specialists being invited to take part. 224 survey responses were received. Best overall service attributes are based on research carried out in September 2014, most improved is based on period-on-period change (comparing to the previous spring 2014 survey).
Last updated 01/12/2014