Inskin Media takes top spot in IPA Media Owner Survey debut
This is the first time Inskin Media have appeared in the survey. Another media owner making an impact this year is Say Media who take second place with 83.1% on their debut entry.
A & NY Media have slipped to third place from their lead position in the previous (autumn 2012) survey, but still remain one of five media owners with a score in excess of 80% or more. Telegraph.co.uk and AOL Advertising are in fourth and fifth place, and eleven media owners saw scores in excess of 70% for this category, reflecting a continuing improvement in overall service levels.
View the full survey here
Other key findings:
- The other new entrants to the survey Collective Media, Unruly Media and Twitter had scores in excess of 70% for overall service levels/Grand Prix.
- Since the autumn survey Specific Media is the most improved media owner in relation to the Grand Prix, improving by 8 percentage points, while Channel 4.com and Google/You Tube have each improved by 5 percentage points.
- Yahoo have not retained the level of improvement seen in the autumn and have fallen by 21 percentage points to last place in the overall service levels category. And Spotify who held the lead a year ago are now in fourteenth position.
- Within the cross over media A&NY Media takes the top spot, while AOL leads within the online pure play sector.
- This latest survey shows significant levels of improvement by the Crossover Media Owners covered by the survey. Sky Digital Media lead the way with an improvement of 10 percentage points or more in relation to 6 variables. It is the most consistently improved media within the crossover media sector and overall.
- Yahoo! and Spotify have been the weakest performers since the autumn 2012 survey, seeing declines of 10 percentage points or more in relation to 6 variables.
The 2013 Media Owner Awards scheme launches today. There will be 16 awards in total. Eight awards will be based on the findings from the current Survey (based on a combination of spring, autumn and year-on-year results), and a further eight awards will be submission-based. The winners will receive their trophies in November in an awards ceremony and dinner. Full entry criteria is available on www.ipamoa.co.uk
and deadline for entry is 7th June.
Says Nigel Gwilliam, Consultant Head of Digital, IPA “With the help of new entrants Inskin and Say Media, we have seen a total of five suppliers break the 80% approval rating for overall service. We are delighted to see the upward trend in service levels provided to our members and congratulate these businesses for setting the standard.”
Says Pete Robins, IPA Digital Media Group Chairman and Managing Partner Agenda 21 “Every time we see a new set of results there are one or two surprises, especially around new or recent entrants. What this means, is that once you’ve made progress it can be difficult to maintain, and bringing new and forward thinking things to market to keep you interesting to the buying community is needed, but clearly isn’t easy.”Fieldwork was undertaken in February 2013. With 265 survey responses received from digital planners, strategists and buyers in media agencies and digital specialists.