IPA Effectiveness Hall of Fame receives first inductees
The sixteen inaugural members are all past convenors of judges for the world-renowned IPA Effectiveness Awards.
- Simon Broadbent (deceased), Founder, IPA Effectiveness Awards; Leo Burnett; 1980/82 Convenor of Judges
- Charles Channon (deceased); Founder, IPA Effectiveness Awards; 1984/86 Convenor of Judges
- Paul Feldwick; Paul Feldwick Ltd; 1988/90 Convenor of Judges
- Chris Baker; Bacon Strategy and Research; 1992/94 Convenor of Judges
- Nick Kendall; BBH; 1998 Convenor of Judges
- Tim Broadbent; Ogilvy & Mather; 2000 Convenor of Judges
- Marco Rimini; Mindshare; 2002 Convenor of Judges
- Alison Hoad; RKCRY/Y & R; 2004 Convenor of Judges
- Les Binet; Adam & eve DDB; 2005 Convenor of Judges
- Laurence Green; 101; 2006 Convenor of Judges
- Richard Storey; M & C Saatchi; 2007 Convenor of Judges
- Neil Dawson; Enter; 2008 Convenor of Judges
- Andy Nairn; Lucky Generals; 2009 Convenor of Judges
- David Golding; Adam & Eve DDB; 2010 Convenor of Judges
- Charlie Snow; DLKW Lowe; 2011 Convenor of Judges
- Marie Oldham; Havas Media; 2012 Convenor of Judges
Says IPA President, Ian Priest; “The establishment of the IPA Hall of Fame and the first wave of inductees goes a long way to showing that creativity leads to greater commercial success. To be inducted is an honour and something that talented authors should aspire to in the future. The collation of papers on the effectiveness hub will showcase the very best work that our industry produces and encompasses much of what I am trying to achieve with my ADAPT agenda”.
The next round of inductees will be announced in January 2014 and will be based on a points system for authors of papers entered into the IPA Effectiveness Awards and other contributions to the Effectiveness culture in agencies.
Hall of fame members will see their profiles and award-winning papers sit on the new IPA Effectiveness hub; the go-to place that is designed to be a treasure trove of learning and inspiration.
A presentation to celebrate the inductees will be made at today’s IPA Eff Fest. This provocative and inspirational one-day conference will focus on how creativity drives business and will feature creative thinkers from inside and outside of the advertising industry such as: Mary Portas, Portas; culinary creatives Bompas and Parr; Mark Earls, Herd Consulting; Stephen Maher, MBA; Phil Barden, Decode and Alex Bentley, Professor of Anthropology, Bristol University who will discuss how creativity drives successful innovation, organisation and employee engagement.
Last updated 16/10/2013