The IPA has this week launched the Media Owner & Ad:tech Awards (MOA), and accompanying Survey, to recognise and reward exceptional online service levels, talent and technology from online media owners, inventory suppliers and ad:tech companies. Previously known as the Media Owner Awards, the IPA has expanded the competition in recognition of the greater role ad technology providers are playing in the market.
Says Pete Robins, Chairman of Judges, IPA Digital Media Group Chairman and Founder, agenda21: “As the digital market has evolved so too has the role of adtech in terms of delivering, controlling and targeting our audiences. We have therefore expanded these sought after awards to acknowledge both ad:tech’s growing role and increasing sophistication. It is also worth noting, that whilst ad:tech is clearly technology-driven, it is still a 'people business' and relationships, partnerships and leadership are key. By rewarding best practice across all areas across the board – media owner, inventory suppliers and ad:tech companies - we aim to raise the overall digital standard.”
The Awards are based on the findings from the IPA’s survey of media owner, inventory supplier and ad tech suppliers (a combination of spring, autumn and year-on-year survey results) as well as seven submission-based Awards, which are open to enter now.
IPA Spring Survey highlights for Online media owners and Ad:tech suppliers, announced today:
Online media owners
· Agencies rank Collective as the best online media owner to deal with, picking up a score of 80.2%. They were followed by RadiumOne; Blis; Quantcast and Teads who all achieved a score of 70% or more.
· Spotify leads Online Pure Plays with a score of 65.7%, and Mail Online/ Associated leads Crossover Media Owners with a score of 61.9%.
· Collective also leads in two further categories, including Demonstrating excellent understanding of their own products and Dealing with dispute resolution.
· Snapchat leads in two categories – Delivery of innovative, creative solutions and Communication of relevant new opportunities, while Quantcast also leads in two – Understanding of Client Objectives and Strategies, and Frequency of Contact.
· Integral Ad Science takes the top spot in terms of agencies’ overall experience of dealing with them, with a score of 72.6%, followed closely by Double Click Bid Manager with a score of 71.7%.
· Integral Ad Science also leads the rankings for two further categories including Quality of response to brief, and Understanding of client objectives and strategies.
· DoubleClick leads the rankings in three additional categories, including Understanding of own productions; Communication of relevant new opportunities and Frequency of contact.
· Flashtalking leads the rankings in two additional categories, including Engendering sense of real client/agency partnership and Quality of response to briefs.
See the full Online Media Owner Spring 2017 Survey results.
See the full AdTech Supplier Spring 2017 Survey results.
Details of the 2017 IPA Media Owner and Ad:tech Awards
The Awards are open from now until 30th June, and include seven submission-based awards (in addition to the Survey-based awards), including:
· Best Unfeatured Company (Media Owner, Inventory Supplier or Ad:tech business)
· Best Online Campaign
· Best Technology
· Unsung Hero of the Year
· Sales Newcomer of the Year
· Rising Star of the Year
· Commercial Director of the Year
The survey-based awards include:
· Most innovative media owner (and/or inventory supplier)
· Most innovative ad:tech supplier
· Best at Cross-Media
· Best Media Owner Partner
· Best Ad:tech Partner
· Best Media Owner
· Best Ad:tech company
The shortlist will be released in October and the winners will be announced at an Awards ceremony in November. Full entry criteria:www.ipamoa.co.uk and you can join the conversation on Twitter #MOA17
Last updated 30/05/2017