Scottish Government joins line-up of leading judges for IPA Scotland Student Advertising Awards
The Awards seek creatively-minded students looking to start their careers in advertising and sets the task of producing a campaign to save the planet, for which they could win paid placements within top advertising agencies in Scotland. The entry deadline is 12:00pm on 31st March and the winners will be announced on the 12th May by IPA Chairman for Scotland, Brian Coane.
The judging panel of experts includes:
- Pauline Aylesbury, Head of Greener Marketing, Scottish Government
- Simon Bain, Personal Finance Editor and Business Correspondent, The Herald
- Brian Coane, Partner, Leith Agency
- Gordon Eldrett, New Business Manager, Mediacom Edinburgh
- Richard Gill, MD, iProspect Edinburgh
- Michael Hart, Creative Director, Union
- David Martin, Key Sector Manager, Skills Development Scotland
- Sera Miller, CEO, Material
- Alan Munro, Creative Partner, The Gate Interactive
- Angus Walker, Creative Director, Frame
- Claire Wood, Planning Partner, Leith Agency
A live brief has been set by the Scottish Government Greener Scotland team and aims to encourage the population of Scotland to work together to adopt behaviours to reduce our carbon footprint.
Those shortlisted will be given mentors to help them launch their careers in advertising, the winners will be given paid placements within leading Scottish advertising agencies and the overall Grand Prix winner will also be given £1000.
Says Brian Coane, IPA Chairman for Scotland: “As part of my Chairmanship I pledged to spark the imagination and innovation of the advertising industry’s people, and to attract the next generation of talent into the industry, by focusing on what we’re good at – our world-renowned creativity. This new Awards scheme does precisely this. It allows students to have their creative talents recognised, rewarded and developed, it allows us all to harness these fresh ideas to address the real and pressing issue of global warming, and ultimately it showcases the power of advertising as a force for good for Scottish society.”
For key information, including terms and conditions, visit: http://www.ipa.co.uk/IPA-Scotland-Student-Advertising-Awards or join the conversation on Twitter: #IPAScotAwards
Last updated 24/03/2016