The role of the 44 Club is to inform and inspire those individuals starting out in the advertising industry.
The role of the 44 Club
is to inform and inspire those individuals starting out in the advertising industry.
We do this through organising a programme of events designed to complement the formal training offered by the IPA and member agencies. One that is representative of all disciplines within the industry. It offers access to high profile and influential people and thought-provoking topics through a series of fun and informative monthly events across the year.
Details of the next 44 Club event can be found here
In 2012 the 44 Club held 11 events throughout the year, speakers included:
- Chuck Porter, Chairman of CP+B
- Ben Bond, James Rawlings and Ben Thompson from Hoot Comedy
- Vanessa Vallely Vanessa Vallely, Head of Business Management at Aviva
- Cameron Hughes, EDF Energy
- Luisa Fernandez, Global Sponsorship Manager, British Airways
- Sonia Carter, Head of Digital Strategy, Cadbury
- Yarden Yaroshevski, CEO, Stikipixels
- Dr Richard Bartle, Professor of Game Design, Essex University
- Chris Deering, Former CEO and president of Sony Computer Entertainment
- Rory Sutherland, Vice Chairman, Ogilvy & Mather UK
Events in 2012 ranged from panel sessions debriefing from industry events such as SXSW and the IPA Mission to Silicon Valley to a premiere screening of the new, award winning, Chilean film, 'No' to the secrets of comedy writing with Hoot Comedy.
We have a committee made up of 10-12 people that meet each month to table ideas and plan the events. We also have approximately one hundred and fifty London based 44 Club Representatives that spread the word amongst their colleagues. We contact these reps each month with news of upcoming events.
Tickets for all events are available at £20 per person + VAT to member agencies and to non-members (payable in advance) at £40 + VAT per person.
The main IPA contacts, responsible for the administration of the Group's affairs are Sophie Walker, Events Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Amy Lavington, Events Senior Executive (email@example.com).
Every quarter, all the IPA's Committees and Groups report to Council on their activities during the previous three months. (NB For reasons of confidentiality, commercially sensitive areas have been excluded from this website version of the original document). Consolidated, annual reports on key activities can be downloaded as Related Content from this page.