The role of the 44 Club is to inform and inspire those individuals starting out in the advertising industry.
We do this through organising a programme of events designed to complement the formal training offered by the IPA and member agencies. One that is representative of all disciplines within the industry. It offers access to high profile and influential people and thought-provoking topics through a series of fun and informative monthly events across the year.
In 2014 the 44 Club held 9 events throughout the year, speakers included:
- Bjoern Altmann, Senior Designer, McCann London
- Alejandro Masferrer and Maksimilian Kallhed, founders of The Pop Up Agency
- Tess Alps, Chair of Thinkbox- Anjali Ramachandran, Head of Innovation, PHD UK
- Andrew Pinkess, Director of Business Innovation, AMV BBDO
- Gareth Mitchell-Jones, Big Data & Analytics Leader, IBM
- Ayla Owen, Head of Music BBH London/The Most Radicalist Black Sheep Music
- Sara Dunlop, Director, represented by Rattling Stick Productions
- Dave Masterman, Creative Director, JWT London
- Julian Smith, Head of Strategy and Innovation, Fetch
- Ella D’Amato, Managing Director, Drum
- Chris Nunn, Media Manager, Paddy Power
Events in 2014 ranged from panel sessions debriefing from industry events such as SXSW to the rise of mobile advertising and talks on Big Data and Behavioural Economics.
We have a committee made up of 10-12 people that meet every six weeks to table ideas and plan the events. We also have approximately 150 London based 44 Club Representatives that spread the word amongst their colleagues. We contact these reps each month with news of upcoming events.
Tickets for all events are available at £25 per person + VAT to member agencies and to non-members (payable in advance) at £45 + VAT per person.
The main IPA contacts, responsible for the administration of the Group's affairs are Helen Goddard, Senior Events Manager (email@example.com) and Alice Meekins, Events and Awards Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Every quarter, all the IPA's Committees and Groups report to Council on their activities during the previous three months.
Last updated 11/01/2016