Broadcast production

Covering all production issues, including talent and insurance.

Who we are

For help with tricky production issues, such as visa requirements for overseas shoots, child regulations, insurance or problems with talent contact Kim Knowlton on or call 020 7201 8203.

How we can help

In addition to specific queries, we have a variety of books, pre-production forms, contracts and agreements for you to download from this site. We also collectively use our members feedback to ensure the industry's systems are working efficiently and effectively, especially on broadcast clearance.

Here are some typical questions:

  • Do I need permission to include famous buildings in my commercial (at home and overseas)?
  • How many hours can a 12-year-old girl work on set?
  • What is a sponsorship licence and why do I need one to bring non-EU talent into the UK?

  • I am filming goldfish in a bowl - do I need a vet on set?

  • What paperwork do I need to move a herd of cattle from Scotland to Essex?

  • I am filming in a station. Do I need release forms from the public? What should I do?

Published guidance

blog comments powered by Disqus

Contact the IPA

linkedin youtube flickr google plus rss
ABCe audit Offical Webby Awards Honoree (2011, 2013)

Website, membership and content management software by Senior
Creative design by Igentics

© 2014 IPA. All rights reserved. No part of this
site may be reproduced without our permission.