IPA member agencies have access to a whole range of services and benefits including a Legal department, Information Centre and training courses provided by our Professional Development department. Full details of these all services available to members are below.
Once an agency joins the IPA, all staff at that agency have unrestricted access to IPA services - the vast majority of which are available at no extra cost.
Download the 2013 Services Directory for free.
Full details about our key services can be found on their individual pages:
• Advice – management, business and financial advice is available through the IPA's senior personnel. There is also a mentoring scheme for agency senior management, which offers contact with IPA Fellows.
• Benchmark surveys – The Finance Department of the IPA undertakes a number of benchmarking surveys among member agencies, including an agency census, the salary & benefits survey, the agency costs & charge-out rates survey, and the agency software survey.
• Committees and groups – the IPA's many and varied groups are the ideal platform to give you a voice and keep you abreast of the latest industry developments.
• Events and awards – e.g. the 44 Club, Effectiveness awards and Excellence in CPD awards.
• Insight Centre – the IPA Insight Centre provides an enquiry service for member agencies, normally providing information within 48 hours from the initial briefing.
• Legal Department – The IPA Legal Department deals with a variety of member enquiries on the law and regulation of marketing communications and represents members and lobbies government on issues and new legislation affecting the industry.
• Jobs Online – this web-based recruitment service is available to members free of charge.
• Media Research – discounts are available on ABC, BARB, JICRIT, NRS and POSTAR subscriptions. In 2006, the IPA launched TouchPoints, an innovative, multi-media communications planning tool.
• Mentoring – The IPA runs a mentoring scheme for agency senior management, providing access to IPA Fellows
• Partner deals – the IPA has secured discounts for members on a number of business services (e.g. postal services, hotel bookings), on certain events and on some market research reports.
• Professional Development – the IPA Professional Development department deals with CPD, qualifications and all training courses, including the 7 Stages programme.
• Pitch Protection – members can protect their intellectual property by uploading pitch work to our online Pitch Protection facility. All uploaded work receives a date-stamped PDF certificate of registration.
• Room Hire – Meeting rooms at our Belgrave Square offices are available to hire for an hour, a day or longer.
• Tenders – The Information Centre runs a subscription service to UK and European tenders for business published by the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU). IPA Information Executives search for tenders relevant to member agencies and post them on the IPA web site every weekday.