1) By submitting an entry to this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2) Entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entries submitted with incomplete information, or found to contain invalid information, shall be deemed invalid entries.
3) The Competition commences on 14:00pm on 1st March (“Start Date”) and closes at 11:00am on 14th March (“Closing Date”) (being the “Competition Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, this means that entries must have been received by the IPA by the close of the Competition Period in order to meet the Closing Date validity requirements.
4) Entry to the Competition is open to residents of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland aged 18 and over. Directors, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, management and employees) of the IPA or the agencies or companies associated with this Competition are not permitted to enter the Competition.
5) To enter, entrants must post a video, link to a video, or image of them acting out their favourite ad. Entrants must follow the IPA on the channel they enter on, tag the IPA in the entry and use the hashtag #adfest100. Entrants can enter on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook. Entrants can only submit one entry per social media handle and multiple entries from the same user across different channels will only count as one entry. No automated, third party or bulk entries are permitted. Multiple entries in breach of this provision will result in those entries being disqualified. If the IPA has reasonable grounds to suspect that such means are being used to circumvent this condition, then it may require the entrant to prove that such means were not used. If the IPA becomes aware of an entrant using means to circumvent this condition, then these entries will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void.
6) Entries must not contain any elements that are or are likely to be perceived as: offensive; of an explicit sexual nature; depictions or descriptions of graphic violence; sexist; racist; homophobic; commercially sensitive; defamatory; in breach of the rights of others; or otherwise illegal, unacceptable or inappropriate content.
7) Upon submission of an entry, entrants assign in full to the IPA a sole, perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, freely assignable, royalty free licence to use and otherwise fully exploit the intellectual property rights and any other rights vested in the entry, and the right to sub-licence the same for any purpose connected to the Competition.
8) For entries submitted via Youtube, The IPA is not responsible for content or entries posted by third parties or users of YouTube.
9) The winning entry will be selected at random on 14th March 2017. All valid entries will be included. The entry that is selected shall be deemed the winning entry (the “Winner”) and receive the Main Prize.
10) The Winner will be notified of the fact that they have won within one day of the selection date via a private message on the social media channel they used to enter, and will be required to confirm their acknowledgement.
11) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or suspend this Promotion at any time with no liability to any entrant or any third party.
12) There is one Main Prize available to be won. The Winner’s entitlement to the Main Prize is conditional on the winning entry being free from any third-party rights and being compliant with all applicable law and regulations, including the BCAP/CAP and Ofcom codes.
13) If for any reason any aspect of the Competition does not function correctly, whether by means of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the IPA that corrupts or affects the administration, integrity or fairness of the Competition, then the IPA may at its sole discretion cancel, modify or suspend the Competition and/or invalidate affected entries.
14) The IPA and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the Promotion and/or prizes, other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury caused by negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
15) If there are reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions by an entrant, The IPA may, at its sole discretion invalidate the relevant entry and disqualify the entrant from the Competition, irrespective of the stage in the Competition reached.
16) The IPA’s decision in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
17) The Winner and any entrants agree to take part for free in any publicity for the Competition as requested by the IPA.
18) This Competition is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20) This competition is being run by the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) 44 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8QS
Last updated 01/03/2017