Registering for an account
Registering for an IPA login should take less than a minute. All you have to do is click ‘Login’ at the top right of the screen, followed by ‘Register’.
If you are an employee at an IPA Agency you will you’ll be given full member access to the IPA website and be able to take advantage of our membership services and CPD diary. Please note, if you have moved jobs and/or have had an IPA login previously, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your account and CPD history transferred to your new agency.
I am not receiving confirmation/password change emails from the IPA
Our emails may fall into you junk folder or will sometimes be blocked by spam filters. If you think are not receiving emails from us please contact your IT department to whitelist any email correspondence from IPA.
I can't remember my password
You can easily reset your password by visiting this link.
I can't remember my username
Your username is the email address you used when creating your account.
Add IPA to your safe senders list
To ensure your important email messages from email@example.com and @ipa.co.uk are not filtered into your Junk/Quarantine/Clutter Mail folder, follow the appropriate instructions.
For Windows - Microsoft Outlook
How to add our domain name ( ipa.co.uk and email-ipa.co.uk) to your Safe Senders List.
- Open Outlook
- Click on the Home tab
- Scroll down and click on Junk
- Click Junk E-mail option
- Click Safe Senders tab
- Add ipa.co.uk and email-ipa.co.uk to your Safe Senders list
- Click Apply and then click OK.
**Note...to quickly add our sender, domain name, or mailing list name to the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients Lists, right-click on our message, and then on the shortcut menu, point to Junk E-mail, and then click Never Block Sender.
- Open Office 365
- Click on settings, which you can find by clicking the cog icon in the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Mail – which appears near the bottom of the list under Account.
- Under accounts you’ll find Block or Allow. Click on Allow.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and @ipa.co.uk to your Safe Senders and Recipients list.
- Open the email.
- Right-click the sender's email address.
- Click Add to contacts in the short-cut menu.
- Click Save and Close.
Outlook for Mac (Outlook 2011 and earlier)
- Check Junk Email settings.
- Click on Mail (from the Toolbar).
- Click on Preferences.
- Click on Junk Mail.
- Verify both 'Sender of message is in my Contacts' and 'Sender of message is in my Previous Recipients' are both ticked.
Outlook for Mac (2016 and later)
- Open Outlook for Mac.
- Click Tools (from the menu bar).
- Click Junk Email Preferences.
- Click Safe Senders (or Safe Domains).
- Add the above email addresses to this list.
- Click OK (or Show All from the top left).
Contact your IT department to add the above addresses to the server safe senders list.
Windows Live Mail / Hotmail
- Open email message in Junk folder
- Click "mark as safe" link beside sender's email address
- Open the Junk Email folder
- Open the email you wish to receive
- Click the Not Spam button in the menu bar above the email
- Open your spam folder
- Click on the email you wish to receive and click the This is Not Spam button
Gmail / GoogleMail
- Open the Spam folder
- Open the email you wish to receive and click the Not Spam button in the menu bar
If the email program you use is not listed, please email us .
I am having trouble accessing the online learning portal
More often than not, the reason users are unable to access the online learning portal is due to browser cookie issues. The quickest way to solve this is to use an incognito browser.
If you do not have permission to access the learning portal your account may not be linked to your agency. If you think you have the wrong account type please contact email@example.com to update this.
The learning portal is not accepting my username or password
Each time you go to the online learning portal you must validate your account through the IPA website. To do this you must be logged into your IPA account and click on the "Access Online Learning" button on your qualification page.
On the IPA homepage, click CPD and ‘Diary’. CPD Managers have two extra buttons at the bottom of the green ‘My CPD’ box. These are 'Manage my agency users' and 'Submission'. Clicking the 'Users' link, will take you to a list of everyone with a diary at your agency – ‘My Agency Users’. The ‘Submission’ tab allows managers to upload their online declaration and strategic development plan (more detail below). If you do not have CPD manager access but need to monitor your agency’s progress please email firstname.lastname@example.org On the ‘Users’ page, scroll to the right of the screen and hover your cursor over a user. Four icons will appear.
The first is ‘Edit user’, where you can edit working hours, start dates, job titles and maternity leave.
The second is a link to view each individual’s diary – ‘View diary.’ The third allows you to download a PDF of the diary – ‘Download pdf diary’. The fourth is ‘Remove user’, which will remove the individual from your list if they have left the agency.
An individual has to set themselves up with an account by clicking ‘Login/Register’ on the IPA homepage and following the registration process. They will automatically be given a diary and will then appear in your users list. Alternatively you can add the user yourself in exactly the same way.
If you have anyone who has joined you from an IPA member agency and already has an account in their name, please let us know their name, previous agency and current email address and we will transfer them to your agency.
You will be able to remove individuals from your agency list by selecting the red ‘Remove user’ icon on the My Agency Users page.
All the information you require is detailed on the My Agency Users page. At the top of the page you will see four progress charts detailing the below and the total number of CDP users in your agency:
• % of users have achieved the required hours
• % of users have an appraisal entry for each calendar year
• % of users have obtained LegRegs Certificate
• % of users have obtained the Commercial certificate
Your list of users displays the following information for each person:-
- Start Date
- Required Hours
- Total Hours Logged
- Appraisal Date
You can 'sort' each column by clicking on the column header, so for example by clicking 'Hours to Date' this will sort the users in order of how many hours they have logged.
Extended leave/Maternity leave/Pro rata of required hours
To register someone as being on maternity or extended leave (in order to pro rata their required hours), click on the blue ‘Edit user’ icon next to that individual’s name.
This will bring up a pop up box allowing you to enter days of extended leave. In this field you should enter the number of working days taken that year, i.e. 22 days times how many months leave taken. You may also alter hours per week they work (if part time) and also alter their start date if currently incorrect. If someone is full time please ensure they are listed as working 37.5 hours per week. If they are part-time please list their correct working hours in the ‘Employee working Hours per week’ field.
After amending any of this information, please select ‘Calculate/Refresh’ then ‘Update’, then ‘Refresh Now’ on the main ‘My Agency Users’ page. Their required hours will then be altered in the users list.
Job category and Job title
The individual user can update these fields when they are logged in. They must click on the Job category and Job title areas in the green ‘My CPD’ box which brings up a drop down box where they can select the option which is the best match.
If the job title and department are left blank, then this information will also display as blank in the user list. As a CPD Manager, you can also update these fields by clicking on ‘Edit user’ icon for that individual and update the users’ details yourself.
The ‘Submission’ option allows CPD Managers to complete their online declaration (deadline of Jan 31st, or next working day) and upload their agency’s strategic development plan. Please note: you cannot complete the declaration unless the agency has met the minimum CPD requirements.
Please remember you may keep your own records of CPD hours and appraisals if you wish. You will just need to check the ‘Agency in-house system’ box to let us know.
There are only three steps to submitting online, if you are prepared it should only take a few minutes:
• If you or anyone at your agency is having any trouble accessing a diary, any learning or the ‘My Agency Users’ list, please try using a different browser. If this doesn’t work, please use this link to remove any cookies left by the IPA website. If there still issues please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the problem and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
• After any changes have been made, always click the ‘Refresh Now’ button at the top of the ‘My Agency Users’ page, this will ensure all changes are applied.